Boasting three shops under the one roof, this store offers a wide selection of yarns and artisan knitted items like scarves, hats, sweaters, blankets, and shawls, all bosting a European styling. It is also home to Turtlebeads Studio, a small home-based glass art studio where glass bead creations and jewellery are designed and made; and the Loom Room, where the Mission Weavers & Spinners Guild work their magic with the threads, offering handwoven and spun items including the unique Mission Tartan.
Did you know the colours were chosen to represent Mission’s unique characteristics:
- Black to represent coal and railway lines
- Brown to represent cedar shakes
- Blue to represent the Fraser River
- Dark Green to represent forests
- Pale Green to represent farming
- Salmon Pink to represent salmon and berries
This tartan is registered in Scotland.