10 Ways to Beat the Heat in Mission, BC
Local lakes and beaches are the popular choice during a Mission heat wave, but they aren't the only choice! For alternative activities that are just as fun, use the following inspiration to help your family chill out.
- Take a break from the heat and catch your favourite flick in the fully air conditioned Silvercity Mission Cinemas.
- Grab a locally sourced ice-cream cone from the Candy Shack or the Blackberry Kitchen Canteen
- Who says you have to head to a lake to enjoy a nice swim? Enjoy the air conditioned facilities at the Mission Leisure Centre and have a pool day.
- Go full vacation mode and enjoy a refreshing summer drink at one of many Mission restaurant patios. Check out our EAT page to find patio offerings on each restaurant listing.
- Take a break from the sun and go antiquing in Downtown Mission.
- Grab a delicious milkshake inspired by some of the movies filmed on location at Rocko’s 24 Hour Diner
- Pick up a cooling iced coffee and enjoy their backdoor patio at the Penny
- Step back in time and learn about the history of Mission at the Mission Museum, and while you're in the area head on over to the Mission Public Library and pick up a new book to read.
- Have a picnic and stay cool in the shaded covered picnic areas at Fraser River Heritage Park
- Stay cool while still enjoying the warm sun with the Junction Shopping Centre. Pop in an out of stores to enjoy the summer sun and quickly back into the cooled air conditioned stores. You may just find your next favourite item!
Now that you have all of the makings for staying cool when the weather in Mission is nice and hot, go out there and explore! Questions? Hit up our Live Chat button to talk to a local.