Camping season is one of the most exciting seasons of all in Mission, BC and if the thought of an evening filled with friends around a campfire, roasting marshmallows, and surrounding yourself in the quiet serenity of nature sounds like a perfect day, then this list is for you. Read below for our guide on everything Mission camping including our list of camping essentials (for the safest camping experience), Mission campgrounds (for the best and some of the most sought after campgrounds around), and camping gear (marshmallows included, of course!).
To keep yourself safe, consider keeping the following items packed and ready to go. If you need to pick up any of these items, make the journey easy with many shopping areas in Mission to stop off at on your way to your campground. As an added safety measure, come on in to the Mission Visitor Centre where you can pick up a FREE AdventureSmart first aid kit and maps.
- Fire making kit
- Whistle or mirror
- Extra food and water
- Extra clothing for weather changes
- Navigational/communication aids
- First aid kit
- Emergency shelter
- Pocket knife
- Sun protection
- A tent and tarp
- Warm sleeping bag
For more camping essentials and what to pack visit adventuresmart.ca/camping for more information!
LOCAL CAMPGROUNDS IN MISSION
One of the best things about being in Mission (if we can even count all of them!) is the wonderful selection of campgrounds that offer escapes for the bold and adventurous, off-road masters, kayakers, hikers, fishers, families, friends, and everyone in-between.
- Rolley Lake Provincial Park: Rolley Lake provides a quick escape from the urban life with a very family-friendly campsite and a sandy beach and swimming area!
- Kearsley Creek: a great new family campsite located on Stave West. Sites are mixed between quiet forested areas and waterfront views.
- Sayres Lake: a beautiful forested campground on the shores of Sayres Lake. Sayres offers single, double and triple group sites.
- Rock Creek: a new campsite located in the beautiful forests near Stave Lake. Rock creek offers a great location for those who love off-roading.
- Rocky Point: a beautiful new campsite located on Stave Lake. Rocky Point offers waterfront and forest sites, and a great campground for those who love to bring their off roading vehicles.
WHERE TO BUY LOCAL CAMPING & OUTDOOR GEAR
- Belle’s Sports: for all your outdoor, fishing and hunting gear, Belle's Sports is ready for you. Is a popular item out of stock? They will even make sure to bring it in for you- call in advance and get a special order ready to pick up on your way to the campground. More of a last minute type of person? Not to worry- they have so many options for all types of outdoor activities, you will not have to think twice about going anywhere else.
- Pressland General: Just because you're outside does not mean you have to skip out on any luxuries. Pressland General has all of the apparel and gear to make sure you're luxuriously living your best life in the forest. With popular brands like Rumpl, Herschel Supply Co, Stance, and of course their own Locomotive Clothing, you are sure to stay cozy and stylish while experiencing the outdoors (perfect for those candid 'gram shots).
- Mission Visitor Centre: Need help planning your trip or on the road and want some extra materials? At the Mission Visitor Centre we are stocked with local and regional maps, backroad maps, camp guides, FREE AdventureSmart first aid kits, and some perfect Mission merch. Including, our popular packable picnic blankets, citronella candles that repel mosquitoes and fire starters that smell amazing!
- The Candy Shack: Because camping should never happen without lots of snacks! The Candy Shack is your one-stop shop for all things sweet and whether you're looking for some candy to snack on or materials for s’more making, you’ll definitely find something delicious and something for everyone at the Candy Shack!
Now that you have all the makings for a perfect Mission camping trip, get your reservations booked and prepare for a perfect night under the stars. Happy Camping!